iMERR Associate Membership
iMERR Associate Membership is designed as a means of providing access to iMERR benefits and facilities to those with an active interest in research in medical education, who do not as yet qualify for regular iMERR Membership.
Faculty of Erasmus MC or Institute of Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences, Erasmus University Rotterdam with an appointment of at least 0.5 fte who are due to participate in an iMERR research project for at least two years from the date of application.
- Carry out and disseminate high-quality research;
- Actively initiate external funding initiatives
- Be actively committed to implementing iMERR’s strategic goals;
- Actively and collaboratively participate in activities related to the iMERR research programme.
These are identical to the benefits of an iMERR Fellow.
Maximum of five years.
- PhD degree
- A description of the proposed research in medical education, containing a detailed work- and publication plan, which aims to satisfy the criteria for regular iMERR Membership at the end of the Associate Membership period.
- Recent PhDs have a “grace period” of three years from the date of application for iMERR Membership. After this grace period, iMERR evaluates the status of all publications (rejection, revise-resubmit, conditional acceptance, forthcoming). The associate membership will be continued if measurable progress on obtaining the regular membership status is shown.
- Recent PhDs on other contracts (e.g. post-docs or researchers appointed in externally financed projects) have a “grace period” of two years from the date of application for iMERR Membership. After these two years, their iMERR Associate Membership will be continued only if measurable progress on obtaining the regular membership requirements can be shown. An example of this is a (formally accepted/forthcoming) publication in a top journal in the area of iMERR